Publish date: 10 November 2022
Come along to this year’s Alternative Christmas Fair at Morley College
Tuesday 13 December, from 11am to 3pm, at Morley College Chelsea Centre, Hortensia Road, London, SW10 0QS
Christmas is seen as a time of joy but for some, it can also be a time of financial hardship and worry, loneliness and isolation, grief, increased substance misuse and domestic violence. Any of these factors could impact a person’s wellbeing but at a time of the year when there is pressure to appear happy and buy a memory, it can be unbearable.
The Alternative Christmas Fair brings together many of the amazing support services the borough has to offer that can help with things like:
- debt management
- substance abuse
- domestic violence
- help with fuel poverty
- support with your mental health and wellbeing.
We will also highlight organisations that will be open over Christmas, activities for people who will be alone over Christmas and a chance to sign up as a volunteer to support these activities/organisations.
Stall holders include:
- NHS Grenfell Health and Wellbeing Service
- Community Living Well Talking Therapies (IAPT)
- Kensington and Chelsea Mind
- Community Living Well Peer Support
- SMART (St Mary Abbots Rehabilitation and Training)
- Community Champions
- and many more to be announced.