Publish date: 2 November 2022
The Council has launched nearly all of its Grenfell Projects Fund 2 projects, offering a broad range of services and training opportunities available to North Kensington residents.
Here is a summarised list of what’s available.
- Fit for Life Youth - Youth fitness training.
- HearWomen Foundation’s Cook and Talk - Social wellbeing meetings.
- Abundance Arts’ 'Connecting Community’ Arts and Community Wellbeing Project - Creative wellbeing sessions.
- Cuban Boxing Academy: A Holistic Approach - Boxing training.
- Walk and Cycle London CIC – Cycling training and bike maintenance.
- Common Ground’s Grenfell Truths and Fire Safe Homes - Raising awareness and fire safety training.
- Progressay’s EEE Hub - Football sessions, tuition, and employability workshops.
- Our Power Hub CIC – NFT digital art project.
- Baraka Community Association – Healthy living activities programme.
- The Grove Think Tank CIC – Holistic self-development training.
- Westway Yoga Kolektiv Dana – Yoga, meditation and wellbeing classes.
- The Playground Theatre Company – Creative workshops and events.
- NKenPlay – Child play classes.
- Minds United FC – Female football sessions.
- Swimunity - Swimming lessons.
- Kensington Dragons Football Club - Youth football teams.
- BME Health Forum - A mental health service.
- Neighbourhood Doulas CIC - Pregnancy and birth support.
- LWCCN Toy Library Play Project - Play sessions and toy loans.
- Optimum Sports and Media – Videography and publishing workshops for sports media.
- Growing with the Community – Teaching residents about the benefits of mushrooms.
- Bridging the Gap – Essential skills training, physical activities and family mentorship workshops.
- One London Basketball – Basketball training and games for young people between six and 25.
- WAND UK Young Girls’ Project – Life skills workshops and work experience for young women.
- Shyne2Chance – Drop-in play sessions for children with disabilities.
- Trimenco – Coaching, training and mentoring for women over the age of 21.
- Gheez Rite Chaplaincy Community Association – Coding and programming workshops for children between 11 and 16 years old.
- KidzBox – Non-contact boxing tuition.
- Hotstuff Studio Collective – Creation of ceramic art murals dedicated to Grenfell.
- Shamaali – Community support and translation services.
There’s more information about the projects and how residents can get involved on the Grenfell Projects Fund 2 website.