Publish date: 14 March 2023
This spring, there’s a range of services and training opportunities available to North Kensington residents, through the Grenfell Projects Fund 2 projects.
Here is a summarised list of what’s available.
Sports and fitness projects:
- One London Basketball: Basketball training and games for young people between six and 25
- KidzBox: Non-contact boxing tuition
- Cuban Boxing Academy: A Holistic Approach - Boxing training
- Swimunity: Swimming lessons
- Kensington Dragons Football Club: Youth football teams
- Westway Yoga Kolektiv Dana: Yoga, meditation and wellbeing classes
- Minds United FC: Female football sessions
- Walk and Cycle London CIC: Cycling training and bike maintenance.
Tutoring and educational workshops:
- Homemade Teachers: DIY maths workshops for adults with children under 16.
- Progressay’s EE Hub: Football sessions and tuition.
- Gheez Rite Chaplaincy Community Association: Coding and programming workshops.
- The Grove Think Tank CIC: Holistic self-development training.
- Optimum Sports and Media: Videography and publishing workshops for sports media.
- Growing with the Community: Teaching residents about the benefits of mushrooms
- 24 Hearts: Art installations and workshops.
- Hotstuff Studio Collective: Creation of ceramic art murals dedicated to Grenfell.
- The Playground Theatre Company: Creative workshops and events
Children and families:
- Shyne2Chance: Drop-in play sessions for children with disabilities
- LWCCN Toy Library Play Project: Play sessions and toy loans
- NKenPlay: Child play classes
Additional community support:
- The SPACE’s Level Up project: Therapies, training, family activities, peer support and sports clubs for under 18s
- Bridging the Gap: Essential skills training, physical activities and family mentorship workshops
- Baraka Community Association: Healthy living activities programme
- BME Health Forum: A mental health service
- Common Ground’s Grenfell Truths and Fire Safe Homes: Raising awareness and fire safety training
- Neighbourhood Doulas CIC: Pregnancy and birth support
For more information about the projects and how residents can get involved visit the Grenfell Projects Fund 2 webpage. You can also email GrenfellCommunityTeam@rbkc.gov.uk or call Sami on 0773 931 4338.