Publish date: 12 July 2022
*UPDATED Monday 18 July*
Due to the Red weather warning issued by the Met Office, this event has now been postponed until next Tuesday 26 July to ensure the safety of residents.
It will still be hosted at Al Manaar, Acklam Road, W10 5YG from 6.30 to 8pm with light refreshments provided throughout the evening.
Please register or simply turn up on the day.
The Grenfell Projects Fund 2 (GPF2) is hosting an event at Al Manaar with information stalls and representatives from each project so you can find out more about the organisations and projects you voted for.
GPF2 provides grants to local residents and organisations to support North Kensington’s community-led recovery.
Date: Tuesday 19 July from 6.30 to 8pm,
Location: Al Manaar, Acklam Road, W10 5YG
Light refreshments will be provided throughout the evening by Al Manaar.
You can register online or simply turn up on the day.
You can find out more about the projects by visiting the website.
Currently up and running:
- Fit for Life Youth - Youth fitness training.
- HearWomen Foundation’s Cook and Talk - Social wellbeing meetings.
- LWCCN Toy Library Play Project - Play sessions and toy loans.
- Abundance Arts’ 'Connecting Community’ Arts and Community Wellbeing Project - Creative wellbeing sessions.
- Cuban Boxing Academy: A Holistic Approach - Boxing training.
- Common Ground’s Grenfell Truths and Fire Safe Homes - Raising awareness and fire safety training.
- CatherineMHT - Mental health training.
- Progressay’s EEE Hub (Exercise, Employability, Education) - Football sessions, tuition, and employability workshops.
- 24 Hearts Summer Arts - Public art installation.
- Swimunity - Swimming lessons
- Kensington Dragons Football Club - Youth football teams.
- BME Health Forum - A mental health service.
- Neighbourhood Doulas CIC - Pregnancy and birth support.