Publish date: 25 May 2022
June is one of our Service User Consultants from North Kensington. Here, she shares her five top tips for looking after her wellbeing.
1. I try to connect with others
2. I’ve built a self-compassion box and filled it with beautiful things, inspirational quotes, Mother’s Day, Christmas and Valentine’s Day cards that I’ve given myself, positive messages I’ve written to myself, a Grenfell Health and Wellbeing Service pen with the phone number and website on it in case I need it; A Lavender bag, oil, and a stress ball.
3. I remind myself that I’m enough. I used to say it to other people but I didn’t give myself encouragement.
4. I rock myself, and give myself butterfly hugs when I’m sad.
5. I remember to breathe and concentrate on positive things, things that lift me up. I use box breathing – in for 4, hold for 4, out for four.
Join us for a programme of activities focused on wellbeing around the anniversary.
Visit our online calendar to see the full programme of events, with information on how to sign up. We’ll be updating it regularly.
If you need support accessing the online calendar, call 0208 637 6279 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Roadmap to Wellbeing Services provides information on where you can find support in the community.
Follow us on social media for more useful information on looking after our wellbeing during the anniversary.